Sunday, August 02, 2020

My QRP radio collection



Well I havent posted on here in quite a while, but I have been busy with my Ham Radio Hobby.
I have built quite a number of LOW POWER QRP radios and anscillary devices.
Here is a list of the rigs I've enjoyed building..







Night Hawk 40 Metres QRP Transceiver.


I plan to fit a little frequency display using 5 mini 8seg led display.



Below I had to modify and move some components to the solderside of the pcb so I could fit a 10turn pot
by replacing the vertical electrolytic capacitors for new ones but laid down on their sides.





Rockmite51 40 Metre QRP transceiver.


I haven't gotten around to boxing it up yet as I'm not happy with it just yet as Power is down and I need to find out why.



A ZM-2 QRP ATU.

This is an awesome Z-Match QRP Antenna Tuner Unit capable of a maximum of 20W pep.
It will tune up long wire, coaxial, and balanced feeder fed antennas.





A BITX-40 a 40 Metre SSB and CW Transceiver.

My Bitx40 has been modified for CW operation and a few other tweaks.
I really enjoyed learning all about the DDS Arduino VFO and LCD display.





It Just about fits in that case, I may even be able to add a little S-Meter identical to the FT290R meter.
As you can see there maybe just enough room to fit one in.






As you can see below a pencil outline for the S-meter.



A QRP-Labs QCX20 20 Metre QRP and WSPR RIG.


This is a brilliant little rig that comes with a whole host of built-in features, including
Frequecy counter, Signal generator Power meter, Volt meter etc.
It has its own built in alignment and set up calibration tools,
It also has a built in Morse code reader, lots of memories and
can be interfaced by a TTL comport to Radio control programs such as log books,
all contained on the Pic Processor.
The additional GPS receiver module compliments the radio making its frequency very accurate for use with WSPR mode.
The construction manual is fantastic everything is extreemly well documented, making this rig easy to build even by a complete construction novice.

QCX20 and the QLG-1 GPS Receiver





A QRP-Labs QCX30 30 Metre CW and WSPR Transceiver.






I decided to fit a RED LCD display instead of the Blue one that comes with the kit.
I just wanted it to look different from others.
I really must design a case for them both.




The QRP-Labs QCX has just recently be replaced by the QCX+ which reverts back to the traditional
oblong case requirement, it also has a lot more room for other addons inside its case.
Including a high stability Local Oscillator.
I guess I'll never have any money hee hee.


So there you have it I have been building little QRP radio's .
Thank you for reading, I really must write more blog posts.
Cheers 72 and catch ya later 👍



No comments: