Solar Data

Sunday, October 08, 2017

SKCC Weekend Sprintathon (WES)

Well just spent 24hrs participating in the Straight Key Century Club's Weekend Sprintathon (WES)
I Made 16 QSO's with a score of 442.

HF conditions were quite reasonable for a change, and you would expect my score to be a lot higher.
Well I was running 5Watts QRP from my Ten-Tec Argosy II. Into a mini G5RV antenna.

Of course the Straight key had to be used as I don't own a Cootie Key or a BUG. I can tell you Glass arm hurts!

I know I could of worked a lot more stations, however, I have local interference (QRN)
from a source of flashing LED Lights in a shop window that run from 7am to Midnight 7 days a week.

Here is a recording of it on 40mtrs which is the worst band affected.

40mtrs interference from flashing LED Lights in a shop




So all in all, I am very pleased with my contacts.  Here is an image of the excellent SKCC logger program

 



My SKCC number is 15845, So if you enjoy using a straight key (any speed you like, but not toooo fast hee hee, give me a call, and if you fancy becoming a member check out their website at
http://www.skccgroup.com/

Also they have an excellent and friendly sked page where you can arrange to contact other SKCC
Mambers.
http://sked.skccgroup.com/

Oh and my G-QRP member number is 12875

Thanks for reading 72 till next time
De GØNMY


No comments: