Saturday, December 31, 2016

6 Metre Band report for 2016

At the beginning on 2016 I decided to concentrate on improving my Morse code, and at the same time
I set myself a challenge to work 5W QRP on the 50MHz band and to see how many IARU grid squares I could make contacts in.

To add further to my challenge on 6mtrs I stuck to using my delta loop antenna which is hung above the bathroom in a fixed position.
I was nowhere near as active as I could have been and I missed quite a number of openings on the band.
Be that as it may, I still think I did really well for a QRP station.



And out of the 89 grids worked resulted in a total of 22 Countries contacted, and while it isnt up there with the guys running full power to large yagi antennas, I am very pleased with the result.


Being a member of the UKSMG (United Kingdom Six Metre Group)
I applied for a basic certificate for working 20 European countries all with QRP .

Here it is framed and hung on the shack wall.

























So for 2017 I will start over again with a target of 89 grid squares to beat and more than 22 Countries contacted. I may need to improve my antenna we shall have to see, and if you hear my weak cw signal calling CQ please answer so I can get your grid square.
Thanks for reading and hope to catch you on the band in 2017
73 good DX and Happy New Year!
You can download Workedgrids V7 from this URL

ve2zaz.net/WorkedGrids/Downloads/WorkedGrids_v7_Install.exe

 

No comments: